Civil Services Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission , popularly known as UPSC, which conducts CSE exam annually, in three stages, namely-Preliminary(Pre Exam), Mains & Personality Test.
Candidate has the option to give the exam either in English language or in Hindi language.
Let us see the syllabus of all the three stages of UPSC IAS Exam ,one by one :-
Pre stage Exam:-
As the name itself says, it is the first stage exam. This exam is conducted every year, generally in the month of June and the nature of exam is objective type, i.e. multiple choice questions are asked at this stage. There are two papers at this stage-
PAPER-I: General Studies( GS)-200 Marks
PAPER-II: Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)- 200 Marks
PAPER-I: General Studies (GS)-200 Marks (Duration: 2Hrs.)
- Following subjects are there in General Studies, at this stage:-
1) Indian History
2) Indian Polity
3) Indian Economy
4) Indian & World Geography
5) General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate change- that do not require subject specialization.
6) General Science
7) Current Affairs related to National & International importance.
Note:- There will be total 100 questions,carrying 2 Marks each, with a negative marking of 0.33 marks for every wrong answer given.
PAPER-II: Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)- 200 Marks( Duration:2hrs.)
CSAT, is a qualifying nature exam,i.e. candidate needs to score 33% in order to qualify this exam. CSAT mainly covers the following areas:-
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills
- Logical Reasoning & Analytical ability
- Decission Making & Problem Solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic Numeracy( numbers & their relation, data interpretation,etc.)
1)Pre examination is meant to serve as a screening test only and marks obtained by the qualifying candidate will not be counted for determining their rank in the UPSC Civil Services Exam.
2) CSAT Paper-II carries total 80 questions, of 2.5 marks each, with a negative marking of 0.33 marks for every wrong answer given.
3) Both the exams-PAPER-I & PAPER-II will be set in both the mediums- Hindi & English.
If you have any questions or doubts related to the syllabus, you may ask from us at [email protected] or you may also call us at 9711394350, 7838335131 and for more information related to UPSC IAS Exam preparation, visit BLOGS section of our website, i.e. https://www.brightcareermaker.com/blogs/