Paper: GS 3
Subject: Internal Security
Topic: Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organised crime with terrorism
- Pinaka is an indigenous multi-barrel rocket launch system,which has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the Indian Army.
- Its weapon system has a state-of-the-art guidance kit bolstered by an advanced navigation and control system.
- The Pinaka Mark II Rocketis modified as a missile by integrating with the navigation, control and guidance system to improve the accuracy and enhance the range.
- The navigation system of the missile is aided by the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS).
- It is an artillery missile system capable of striking into enemy territory up to a range of 75 kilometres with high precision.
- The initial version of weapon system was called Mark I,which had a range of 40 km. The upgraded version or Pinaka Mark II has an extended range of 70 to 80 km.
- The mission achieved all the objectivesincluding enhancing the range, accuracy and sub-system functionality.
Paper: GS 3
Subject: Indian Economy
Topic: Infrastructure – Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
EChO Network is a collaborative effort of the Government of India, industry and academia.
- EChO Network is a national programto provide a template for cross-disciplinary leadership related to ecology and environment.
- EChO Network would develop a national networkto catalyse a new generation of Indians who can synthesize interdisciplinary concepts and tackle real-world problems in medicine, agriculture, ecology, and technology.
- It has a specific focuson increasing research, knowledge, and awareness of Indian ecology and the environment.
- The network aims to identify gaps in knowledge regarding the environment and then train postdoctoral leaders in research and outreach on these topics, incorporating current public and private efforts.
Paper: GS 2
Subject: Indian Governance
Topic: Government policies and interventions aimed at development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- The Prime Minister on the occasion of National Sports Daylaunched the ‘Fit India Movement’ as the People’s Movement & urged people to make fitness their lifestyle.
- National Sports Dayis celebrated every year on 29th August to honor the legendary hockey player Major Dhyan Chand Singh.
- The President of India on this occasion honoured the eminent athletes from various sports with the prestigious Khel Ratna, Arjuna Awards, Dronacharya Awards, and Dhyan Chand Award.